The Legal Life Documents Personal Planning Package contains essential life documents, information on how to organize life documents and other products. The documents in this package are State Specific.
This package contains the following forms:
1. Last Will
2. General Durable Power of Attorney - Property
3. Declaration for Mental Health Treatment
4. Utah Advance Health Care Directive
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets
1. Last Will - Complete this form to detail in writing your wishes regarding who is to receive your property at death and who will administer your estate. It also enables you to appoint trustees or guardians, if applicable.
2. General Durable Power of Attorney for Property and Finances Effective Immediately - This General Durable Power of Attorney is a general, durable power of attorney which is effective IMMEDIATELY. The powers granted to an Agent in this Power of Attorney are very broad. This Power of Attorney does NOT provide for health care services. This form complies with all applicable state statutory laws.
3. Declaration for Mental Health Treatment - This is a statutory form that is provided for in the Utah Code. It is a declaration that allows, or disallows, mental health treatment. This document allows you to make decisions in advance about three types of mental health treatment: psychoactive medication, convulsive therapy, and short-term (up to 17 days) admission to a mental health facility. It also gives you the opportunity to appoint a person as your attorney-in-fact to make mental health treatment decisions for you if you become incapable.
4. Utah Statutory Advance Health Care Directive - This Advance Health Care Directive allows you to express your wishes and desires regarding whether or not your life is prolonged by artificial means. You may also name another person to make health care decisions for you when you cannot make decisions or speak for yourself, donate anatomical gifts, and other options.
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets - This Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheet is for completing information relevant to an estate. It contains questions for personal and financial information. You may use this form for client interviews. It is also ideal for a person to complete to view their overall financial situation for estate planning purposes.
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets - This form enables you to document matters relevant to your life and personal planning such as the location of your important legal documents, relatives names, contact information, medical information, financial asset inventory and more.