Corporate Record Maintenance Package - Corporate Records
Keep your Corporate Records Current to avoid losing your Corporate Protection!
Failure to Maintain Corporate Records can invalidate that Protection! Keep your corporation organized and operations running smoothly with the Corporate Records Maintenance Package. You will be able to run efficient board meetings, issue notices to shareholders, transfer stock and much, much more with the forms included in this package. Select your state below to read details and to download your Corporate Records Maintenance Package today!
Corporate Resolutions Package Retention Of Records
View All Resolutions Record Retention Guidelines
Use the dropdown below to view all Corporate Resolutions for your State.
Why You Need to Keep a Corporate Record Book Record Retention Requirements
Introduction Financial Record Retention
Corporate records and proper management of records are vital to protect the company from a charge of neglectful record keeping and losing its corporate status. The articles of incorporation and bylaw forms required by state filings and records retention rules mandate certain record keeping procedures to be followed. Some of the forms of the company required for compliance include certificates of incorporation, bylaw forms, corporate minutes, and company resolutions, all of which should be organized in a corporate record book and/or corporate minutes book. US Legal Forms offers the most updated, state-specific corporate documents and corporate records maintenance packages in Word format to enable the records of an organization to withstand potential scrutiny or auditing.
Corporate Records Maintenance Advantages File Retention Guidelines
The proper retention of company forms is essential to management of records of an organization. A corporate records manager may be appointed to oversee issues in records management. The following are some of the benefits offered by corporate records maintenance:
- Proper management of records is the only way to comply with state laws regarding filing certificates of incorporation, and other corporate requirements, such as minutes for your shareholders, by law forms, company resolutions, etc.
- Corporate record maintenance offers corporate protection to shareholders by following the legal requirements for records maintenance.
- Keeping proper corporate books and records prevents accusations of neglectful record keeping that can cause loss of corporate protection. Such issues in records management can make a shareholder personally liable for corporate debts.
- Records retention, data protection, and proper management of records not only avoids neglectful record keeping charges, it helps a corporation run efficient board meetings. Company resolutions, bylaw forms, minutes of corporation board meetings, notices, and other forms should be kept in a corporate record book. Keeping important forms in a corporate record book or corporate minutes book not only offers data protection, but can assist in running efficient board meetings by having an organized reference book. A corporate record or minutes book can eliminate the need to hunt for documents.
- When you update your corporate records, you validate the authority of the actions taken on behalf of the corporation, should there ever be a future dispute.
- Proper record keeping can provide a crucial defense in later disputes. For example, a corporate minutes form authorizing company resolutions to transfer stock can prove the company complied with obligations to issue notices to shareholders if there's a question in the future.
Conclusion Retention Policy
The records of an organization play an essential role in protecting the personal liability of the shareholders of a corporation. Certain corporate documents like certificates of incorporation, minutes for your shareholders, bylaw forms, and other corporate records are required to be filed with the state or maintained according to the record retention rules of the corporation. Whether your business needs to update your corporate records or create new corporate books and records, US Legal Forms has thousands of state-specific corporate records maintenance packages and forms that are professionally drafted by attorneys.