This package contains the following forms:
1. Last Will
2. General Durable Power of Attorney
3. Statutory Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
4. Statutory Living Will
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets
1. Last Will - Complete this form to detail in writing your wishes regarding who is to receive your property at death and who will administer your estate. It also enables you to appoint trustees or guardians, if applicable.
2. General Durable Power of Attorney for Property and Finances Effective Immediately - This General Durable Power of Attorney is a general, durable power of attorney which is effective IMMEDIATELY. The powers granted to an Agent in this Power of Attorney are very broad. This Power of Attorney does NOT provide for health care services. This form complies with all applicable state statutory laws.
3. Statutory Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care - This Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care is specifically provided for in the Kansas Statutes Annotated, Section 58-632. Its purpose is to give the person you designate (your agent) broad powers to make health care decisions for you, including the power to require, consent to, or withdraw any type of personal care or medical treatment.
4. Statutory Living Will - This is a state specific form specifying your desires about the use of life support systems. It provides instructions to your family and doctors should you have an incurable injury, disease, illness or condition and you are unable to express your wishes with regard to treatment. The Decalration states that you want to be permitted to die naturally with only the administration of medication or the performance of any medical procedure deemed necessary to provide you with comfort care. See Kansas Statutes Annotated 65-28,103.
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets - This Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheet is for completing information relevant to an estate. It contains questions for personal and financial information. You may use this form for client interviews. It is also ideal for a person to complete to view their overall financial situation for estate planning purposes.
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets - This form enables you to document matters relevant to your life and personal planning such as the location of your important legal documents, relatives names, contact information, medical information, financial asset inventory and more.