Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of Assumption of Risk
The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
A defendant is not confined to denials of the allegations of the complaint or petition, but is entitled to set out new matter in defense or as a basis for affirmative relief. In a suit in which plaintiff alleges that defendant has been negligent, assumption of risk is sometimes a defense which a defendant can raise. In raising such a defense, defendant basically states that the plaintiff knowingly assumed the risk of the harm that was caused. The Second Defense of this form gives an example of pleading such a defense.
This form is a generic example of an answer and affirmative defense that may be referred to when preparing such a pleading for your particular state.
- View General Form of an Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit
- View Answer with Specific Denials and Admissions Along with Denial of Sufficient Knowledge or Information to Form a Belief as to Certain Allegations
- View General Form of an Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Admitting Part of the Allegations in a Paragraph of a Complaint but Denying that Part Which is not True
- View Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of Fraud
- View Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of the Cause of Action being Barred by the Appropriate Statute of Frauds
All forms provided by U.S. Legal Forms, Inc.™, (USLF), the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need a legal form, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.