This package contains the following forms:
1. Last Will
2. Statutory General Power of Attorney
3. Statutory Power of Attorney for Health Care
4. Statutory Equivalent of Living Will
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets
1. Last Will - Complete this form to detail in writing your wishes regarding who is to receive your property at death and who will administer your estate. It also enables you to appoint trustees or guardians, if applicable.
2. Statutory General Power of Attorney with Durable Provisions - This is a statutory form provided in the Rhode Island General Laws. It is a very broad power of attorney which, depending on how it is completed, can be durable and/or limited. This Power of Attorney does NOT provide for health care services.
3. Statutory Power of Attorney for Health Care - This Statutory Power of Attorney for Health Care gives the person you designate as your agent/attorney in fact the power to make health care decisions for you. Your agent must act consistently with your desires as stated in this Power of Attorney. This document gives your agent the power to consent to your doctor not giving treatment or stopping treatment necessary to keep you alive. You have the right to make health care decisions for yourself as long as you can give informed consent. No treatment may be given over your objection and health care necessary to keep you alive may not be stopped or withheld if you object.
4. Statutory Equivalent of Living Will or Declaration - This form allows you to express your specific wishes and desires regarding whether or not your life is prolonged by artificial means.
5. Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheets - This Estate Planning Questionnaire and Worksheet is for completing information relevant to an estate. It contains questions for personal and financial information. You may use this form for client interviews. It is also ideal for a person to complete to view their overall financial situation for estate planning purposes.
6. Personal Planning Information and Document Inventory Worksheets - This form enables you to document matters relevant to your life and personal planning such as the location of your important legal documents, relatives names, contact information, medical information, financial asset inventory and more.