The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
Free Preview settlement punitive
Description specific performance enforce
A settlement agreement is an agreement to terminate, by means of mutual concessions, a claim which is disputed in good faith. It is an amicable method of settling or resolving bona fide differences or uncertainties and is designed to prevent or put an end to litigation. Public policy favors settlement of litigation. It is well-settled public policy that settlement agreements are highly favored and will be enforced whenever possible.
Courts consider a settlement agreement as a contract, and construction and enforcement of settlement agreements are governed by principles of contract law. Accordingly, a settlement agreement is enforceable if the elements of a contract are present: " An agreement; " Between competent parties; " Based upon the genuine assent of the parties; " Supported by consideration; " Made for a lawful objective; and " In the form required by law.
- View Complaint and Summons for Balance Due on Credit Card Account
- View Complaint for Negligence by Ambulance Company in Dropping Patient While Transferring Patient to Gurney
- View Complaint by Golfer against another Golfer who Struck him in the Eye with a Golf Ball Causing Injury to Eye
- View Complaint to Quiet Title by Adverse Possessor with Unknown Defendants
- View Complaint Against Skating Instructor for Inattentiveness which Resulted in Fall on Ice by Student - Personal Sports Injury
All forms provided by US Legal Forms, the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need specific performance damages, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.