West Virginia Power of Attorney Forms - Medical Power Of Attorney Wv
For over 20 years U.S. Legal Forms, Inc. has provided West Virginia Power of Attorney Forms online. Free Previews. Special: Choose our West Virginia Personal Planning Package and receive your Power of Attorney, Living Will, Last Will and more. Planning POA Package
General and Statutory Power of Attorney Forms Wv Power Of Attorney Form
- Statutory Power of Attorney
- General Durable Power of Attorney for Property and Finances Effective upon Disability
- General Durable Power of Attorney for Property and Finances Effective Immediately
Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney Forms Wv Durable Power Of Attorney Form
Child Care Power of Attorney Power Of Attorney In Wv
Limited or Special or Vehicle Power of Attorney Medical Power Of Attorney In Wv
- Special or Limited Power of Attorney for Real Estate Sales Transaction By Seller
- Limited Power of Attorney for Stock Transactions and Corporate Powers
- Limited Power of Attorney where you Specify Powers with Sample Powers Included
- Special or Limited Power of Attorney for Real Estate Purchase Transaction by Purchaser
- Power of Attorney for Sale of Motor Vehicle
- Special Durable Power of Attorney for Bank Account Matters
Other Power of Attorney Forms West Virginia Power Of Attorney
- Donation Pursuant to the West Virginia Uniform Anatomical Gift Act
- Revocation of General Durable Power of Attorney
- Revocation of Statutory Medical Power of Attorney and Living Will
- Revocation of Power of Attorney for Care of Child
- Revocation of Anatomical Gift Donation
Need Multiple Forms? - Buy a Package and Save! West Virginia Power Of Attorney Form
West Virginia Personal Planning Package - The Personal Planning Package contains essential life documents, information on how to organize life documents and other products.
Power of Attorney for West Virginia West Virginia Poa Form
A power of attorney allows an agent to act on your behalf based on the terms of the document, whether a General Power of Attorney, Limited Power of Attorney, Child Care Power of Attorney or others.
West Virginia Uniform Power of Attorney Act Wv Poa Forms
The West Virginia Uniform Power of Attorney Act is the law that allows you to appoint an agent to act on your behalf when you're unable to handle it yourself, due to an accident, illness, absence, or other reason. Some of the important things to know about this law are explained below:
- A durable power of attorney stays effective if you become physically or mentally incapacitated. An power of attorney West Virginia form is durable unless it contains language stating that it will be terminated by the incapacity, incompetency, or disability of the principal (creator). Section 26-1A-104
- The document must be signed by the principal or someone signing on his/her behalf, as long as it's signed in the presence of and at the request of the principal. A notarized signature is presumed to be genuine if there's a dispute over the signature's authenticity. Section 26-1A-105
- Unless specified otherwise, an West Virginia POA form will be effective as soon as it is signed. However, you can create what is called a springing power of attorney form, which only takes effect after a specified date or event occurs. Section 26-1A-109
- The termination of the appointed agent's authority can occur in various ways:
- It is a nondurable power of attorney and the principal becomes incapacitated.
- The principal dies.
- The principal or a court appointed fiduciary revokes the document.
- The purpose of the POA has been accomplished.
- The power of attorney form states a terminating date or condition, which has occurred.
- The agent dies, resigns, becomes incapacitated, or has his/her power revoked by the principal, and the power of attorney does not provide for another agent
- The agent and the principal file a lawsuit for legal separation, annulment, or divorce, unless stated otherwise in the form. Section 26-1A-110
- You can appoint co-agents or successor agents. If co-agents are appointed, their authority is effective during the same time period. Co-agents are presumed to have independent authority to act, unless stated otherwise. If you wish co-agents to agree on the matter before acting, you must state so. Successor agents have authority to act on the principal's behalf only when the previously appointed agent resigns, dies, becomes incapacitated, is disqualified to serve, or is otherwise unable to serve. Section 26-1A-111
- The creation of a health care power of attorney is also possible. In a medical power of attorney form, the agent is granted authority to make medical decisions regarding the provision, withholding, or withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment and artificially provided nutrition and hydration for the principal. However, the agent must be specifically authorized to do so in a durable power of attorney that complies with the requirements of the West Virginia Natural Death Act. Section 26-1A-404
General Power of Attorney West Virginia Poa Forms
Q: What is a General Power of Attorney Durable Power Of Attorney Wv
A General Power of Attorney is a legal document which gives the person you choose (the agent) the power to manage your assets and financial affairs while you are alive. The document must be signed by you (the principal) while you have the required legal capacity to give your agent clear and concise instructions. The appointment may be for a fixed period and can be revoked by you at any time providing you still have the legal capacity to do so. A power of attorney ceases when you die. The executor named in your will then takes over the responsibilities of your estate.
Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney Wv Medical Power Of Attorney
Q: What is a Living Will and Health Care Power of Attorney? Wv Medical Power Of Attorney Form
A: A Health Care Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows an individual to designate another person to make medical decisions for him or her when he or she cannot make decisions for himself or herself. In other words it names someone who stands in your shoes and tells the doctors what to do or what not do for you.
A Living Will is a document that allows a person to explain in writing which medical treatment he or she does or does not want during a terminal illness. A terminal illness is a fatal illness that leads ultimately to death. A Living Will takes effect only when the patient is incapacitated and can no longer express his or her wishes. The will states which medical treatments may be used and which may not be used to die naturally and without the patient?s life being artificially prolonged by various medical procedures. Although the term Living Will may indicate that it is a Will, in reality, it is more similar to a Power of Attorney than a Will.
Limited or Special Power of Attorney? Wv Durable Power Of Attorney
Q: What is a limited or special power of attorney? Wv Poa
A: A Limited power of attorney is one which is limited to a specific act or particular purpose. It is also referred to as special power of attorney. A limited power of attorney allows the Principal to give only specific powers to the agent.
Related Packages Power Of Attorney Form West Virginia
Life Documents Planning Package
The documents in this package includes a Will, Living Will, Power Of Attorney and other Forms.
Tips for Preparing West Virginia Power of Attorney Forms
Permitting another person make decisions on your behalf is a huge decision and extremely nerve-racking. However, picking the right person for this mission is extremely important.
- Consider your family. Getting a POA drafted is the best way to begin, and typically, your closest loved ones understand your motives and wishes better than anyone else. But take into account, in the event you elect your husband or wife to be your attorney-in-fact, in the event of divorce your arrangement can be terminated in accordance with some state laws.
- Be aware of your potential agent’s health and location of residence. While preparing West Virginia Power of Attorney Forms, remember that your fiduciary will take action and fix issues in case you can't. For instance, they’ll probably have to visit a financial institution or hospital (if you submit a medical power of attorney document) to sign papers. So make sure they are qualified to cope with this responsibility effortlessly and quickly.
- Make sure you trust your possible fiduciary. Your agent should stick to your wishes. Preferably, both you and your fiduciary have a common attitude to life. Thus, they won't reject to meet your will, even though it means to set aside their beliefs or views. Go over this before planning power of attorney documents.
Be aware that planning West Virginia Power of Attorney Forms is voluntary for both parties, so give your agent a chance to think about if they are prepared to take on the duty. Have patience and don't pressure anyone.