Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of Assumption of Risk
The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
A defendant is not confined to denials of the allegations of the complaint or petition, but is entitled to set out new matter in defense or as a basis for affirmative relief. In a suit in which plaintiff alleges that defendant has been negligent, assumption of risk is sometimes a defense which a defendant can raise. In raising such a defense, defendant basically states that the plaintiff knowingly assumed the risk of the harm that was caused. The Second Defense of this form gives an example of pleading such a defense.
This form is a generic example of an answer and affirmative defense that may be referred to when preparing such a pleading for your particular state.
- View General Form of an Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit
- View Answer with Specific Denials and Admissions Along with Denial of Sufficient Knowledge or Information to Form a Belief as to Certain Allegations
- View General Form of an Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Admitting Part of the Allegations in a Paragraph of a Complaint but Denying that Part Which is not True
- View Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of Fraud
- View Answer by Defendant in a Civil Lawsuit Alleging the Affirmative Defense of the Cause of Action being Barred by the Appropriate Statute of Frauds
All forms provided by US Legal Forms, the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need a legal form, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.