General Form of a Motion of Plaintiff and Notice to Defendant of Hearing on Motion
The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
A motion is an application to a judge or court requesting a specific order directing performance of an act for the benefit of the applicant. Generally, where there is a procedural defect in a proceeding, a motion is an appropriate remedy. However, it is usually used to obtain relief not available through other pleadings. An order is a direction by a judge or court that certain actions should or should not be performed, and is usually, although not always, made in response to a party's motion.
This form is a generic example that may be referred to when preparing such a form for your particular state. It is for illustrative purposes only. Local laws should be consulted to determine any specific requirements for such a form in a particular jurisdiction.
- View General Form of a Motion of Defendant and Notice to Plaintiff of Hearing on Motion
- View Motion for Leave to Appear Pro Hac Vice
- View Motion to Quash Deposition Subpoena Duces Tecum
- View Motion to Quash Subpoena Duces Tecum on the Grounds that Subpoena is Unreasonable and Oppressive
- View Motion for Recusal of Judge - Removal
All forms provided by US Legal Forms, the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need a legal form, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.