Washington Name Change - Washington State Name Change Records

Want to Legally Change Your Name?

Legal name change papers and forms are available for adults, minors and families. Download the Washington name change form you need or order our completion services.  If you order completion services, the forms will be completed for you based on the information you provide and reviewed by a professional. Free Washington name change form descriptions, previews and law summaries are provided.

Name Change Instructions and Forms Package - Minor 
Name Change Instructions and Forms Package - Adult
Name Change Instructions and Forms Package - Family
Name Change Notification Package - Brides, Divorce, Marriage

View all Washington Name Change Forms

Completion services are provided for all name change packages. To order completion services, look for the Submit buttom in the search results.

Regardless of why you are changing your last name, you will need to notify the appropriate agencies and take other steps to make the name change legal. This also applies to individuals who change their name as the result of marriage.

Learn more by using our Name Change Questionnaire

Washington Name Change FAQ Legal Name Change Washington State

Washington Name Change Law Digest

Tips for Preparing Washington Name Change

  1. Consider all the advantages and disadvantages of changing your name. Before starting the whole process of a surname transition and executing Washington Name Change, you need to be aware of the fact that it's necessary to preserve name consistency in all your vital paperwork, such as your passport or social security card. As a rule, it's an extremely time- and resource-consuming procedure. In some circumstances, it's preferable to keep your old name if you wish to have the same surname with your kids after breakup or in the interest of your career.
  2. Make sure you put together the right set of papers. Depending on your case - be it marriage and separation, or any other personal situations, you need to get all the required documents ready. For instance, in order to make changes to your name after getting married, you need a few copies of the licensed marriage certificate and submission-ready forms. You can find Washington Name Change at US Legal Forms, the most extensive virtual library of legal forms.
  3. Be aware of the polices related to changing names where you reside. The guidelines for name transition differ from one state to another. For instance, in certain states, a name change after divorce requires you to undergo the hassle of executing a great deal of documentation and other actions, whereas these steps are regarded unnecessary in other states. All you need to do is update the details in a variety of files. If you need to complete the Washington Name Change, try US Legal Forms. It contains more than 85,000 forms drafted by legal professionals and offers a variety of educational resources to help you locate and fill out the papers correctly.
  4. Don't use a transition of name form to avoid troubles with the law. You have the right to get or not to get your old name back for whatever reasons. However, if think about filling out and filing Washington Name Change in an effort to avoid loan companies or spending money on your child's care, it may lead to huge penalties or other consequences.