Request for Disclosure of Reasons for Increasing Charge for Credit Regarding Credit Application Where Action Was Based on Information Not Obtained by Reporting Agency
The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is designed to help ensure that credit bureaus furnish correct and complete information to businesses to use when evaluating your application. Your rights include:
The right to receive a copy of your credit report. The copy of your report must contain all of the information in your file at the time of your request.
The right to know the name of anyone who received your credit report in the last year for most purposes or in the last two years for employment purposes.
Any company that denies your application must supply the name and address of the credit bureau they contacted, provided the denial was based on information given by the credit bureau.
The right to a free copy of your credit report when your application is denied because of information supplied by the credit bureau. Your request must be made within 60 days of receiving your denial notice.
If you contest the completeness or accuracy of information in your report, you should file a dispute with the credit bureau and with the company that furnished the information to the bureau. Both the credit bureau and the furnisher of information are legally obligated to investigate your dispute.
A right to add a summary explanation to your credit report if your dispute is not resolved to your satisfaction.
- View Request for Disclosure of Reasons for Denial of Credit Application Where Action Was Based on Information Not Obtained by Reporting Agency
- View Notice of Denial of Credit, Insurance, or Employment Based on Information Received From Consumer Reporting Agency
- View Notice of Denial of Credit for Personal, Family, or Household Purposes Based on Information Received From Person Other Than Consumer Reporting Agency
- View Letter Denying Consumer Credit and Notice of Rights under Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- View Notice of Increase in Charge for Credit or Insurance Based on Information Received From Consumer Reporting Agency
All forms provided by U.S. Legal Forms, Inc.™, (USLF), the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need a legal form, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.