Satisfaction, Release or Cancellation of Mortgage - Mortgage Release Form
This form is for the satisfaction or release of a mortgage. Download the form required by your State. Free law summaries are available for all States. Try our new Satisfaction of Mortgage Forms Package and Save!
State Search List Cancellation Mortgage
Related Satisfaction Of Mortgage Form
Mortgage Satisfaction - How to Get Clear Title Release Of Mortgage Document
A mortgage satisfaction form is a legal document that results in mortgage release or mortgage discharge. Once your mortgage is paid up, it is important that there is legal acknowledgment of it. This can be done by filing a document that acknowledges that the mortgage has been fully paid. Filing such a document is called satisfaction of mortgage. If you have cleared a debt, a mortgage satisfaction document will give you clear title to real property. In other words, mortgage satisfaction is a document that results in release or discharge of a mortgage lien, and indicates that a borrower has cleared his/her debt.
A mortgage satisfaction document is referred to by different names in various states. It may be called a satisfaction, a cancellation, a deed of reconveyance or reconveyance, discharge of mortgage or release of mortgage. Click here to view our state specific sample mortgage satisfaction forms.
After satisfaction of mortgage, a borrower will start being responsible for his/her own taxes. In order to ensure release from mortgage, a borrower should ensure that the lender has filed a satisfaction, so that the borrower will receive a Statement of Account (SOA). The release is also noted in public land records.
A deed of trust works similarly. Once a borrower pays a deed of trust in full, a mortgage holder is bound to file a cancellation of deed of trust that will indicate that the trustee's deed holds no lien on property.
In order to be valid, a mortgage satisfaction should be signed by a lender and filed with the County Recorder or Recorder of Deeds. It can also be recorded with the City Registrar. In the event a lender does not sign and/or record a mortgage satisfaction within statutory time limits, s/he can be made liable for damages.
Mortgage satisfaction can also be marginal satisfaction. Although, this process is being phased out, it continues to be recognized in some states. Marginal satisfaction happens when a mortgage holder personally visits a county recorder and enters a satisfaction on the recorded mortgage. This satisfaction is then attested by the clerk.
If you are not in a position to make full payment of debt, you can proceed with partial payment. Therefore, if a borrower cannot pay the debt in full, s/he can make payment in an amount that is less than full satisfaction of a mortgage or deed of trust. This may result in partial release from mortgage when multiple units are covered.
Before entering into any mortgage, a lender may request an estoppel certificate be signed by a tenant. A certificate of estoppel is a document that establishes the terms of a mortgage. Parties signing an estoppel certificate cannot later withhold rent or dispute or contradict the terms of mortgage. A mortgagee issues the certificate to a mortgagor and includes details like unpaid balance of principal, interest rate of mortgage, etc. This will prevent claims from arising at a later stage. Click here to view our sample estoppel certificates.
Tips for Preparing Satisfaction, Release or Cancellation of Mortgage
Real estate transactions are one of the most challenging operations because of small property specifics that most people don’t know to think about. Let’s look closer at some specific conditions and accelerate the process of preparing real estate forms with the following tips:
- Check the rights of both parties. Make sure that all of the parties have appropriate capabilities to administer property before drafting a document.
- Use state-specific real estate contracts. Regulations for documents differ between states. Find the suitable Satisfaction, Release or Cancellation of Mortgage form in our collection that includes more than 85 000 frequently-checked legal samples.
- Indicate all wanted terms. Bringing a Satisfaction, Release or Cancellation of Mortgage into force is generally a stumbling block which leads to a lot of misunderstandings and lawsuits between parties. Make starting dates clear from day one.
- Record residence condition. Take photos or describe in writing the state of a house or flat and check if all things are in order on the day of releasing it to the another party.
- Take advantage of modern technologies. Save time making use of the built-in integrations with a professional PDF editor and innovative eSignature solution. Benefit from our Premium subscription to fill out, double-check, change, and put your signature on your sales agreements without the need of printing, manual filling, or scanning paper copies.