Oregon Option to Purchase Forms - Option To Purchase Commercial Real Estate Form
We offer thousands of warranty forms. Some of the forms offered are listed by state below. For others, please use our search engine.
Select Forms By State Option To Purchase Form
Option Forms FAQ Oregon Purchase
What is an option?
In the context of real estate, an option is a contract to purchase the right for a certain time, by election, to purchase property at a stated price. An option may be a right to purchase property or require another to perform upon agreed-upon terms. By purchasing an option, a person is paying for the opportunity to elect or "exercise" the right for the property to be purchased or the performance of the other party to be required.
Sometimes an option is the right to renew a contract, such as a lease, broadcasting a television series, the employment of an actor or athlete, or some other existing business relationship. A "lease-option" contract provides for a lease of property with the right to purchase the property during or upon expiration of the lease.
How can I choose to use an option after it's created?
"Exercise" of an option normally requires notice and payment of the contract price. The option will state when it must be exercised, and if not exercised within that time, it expires. If the option is not exercised, the amount paid for the option is not refundable.
Relevant legal forms include:
- Stock Option and Award Plan
- Option to Purchase Stock
- Option of Remaining Partners to Purchase
- Option to Purchase - Residential
- Option to Purchase - Short Form
- Residential Lease Agreement and Option to Purchase - Detailed
- Lease with Option to Purchase
- Option to Purchase Addendum to Residential Lease
- Notice to Lessor Exercising Option to Purchase
- Residential Lease Agreement with Option to Purchase
- Notice of Option for Recording