Arkansas Family Law Forms - Petition For Child Custody Forms Arkansas

Locate state specific forms for all types of Family Law situations. Have cofidence that our forms are drafted by attorneys and we offer a 100% money back guarantee.

Family Law FAQ Arkansas Child Custody Forms

What is family law? 

Family law consists of a body of laws related to domestic relations and family related issues. Family law deals with the nature of marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnership; issues arising during marriage, including spousal abuse, legitimacy, adoption, surrogacy, child abuse, and child abduction; the termination of the relationship and matters such as divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, child custody and visitation, child support and alimony awards.

What laws apply in family law? 

Family law matters are primarily governed by state laws. Laws on these topics vary from state to state. Interstate compacts, or agreements, exist to aid in cooperation among states in family laws matters, such as child support and adoption.

The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) gives a state "long-arm" jurisdiction over a child support debtor even where the debtor is a nonresident. This is an exception to the normal rules of law where a court would not have jurisdiction over a nonresident. A state would have this jurisdiction, essentially, if one party or child resides in the state or if the parties agree to transfer continuing exclusive jurisdiction to another state.

The Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) is an interstate compact that has been enacted into law by all 50 states in the United States, and the District of Columbia. It controls the lawful movement of children from one state to another for the purposes of adoption. Both the originating state, where the child is born, and the receiving state, where the adoptive parents live and where the adoption of the child will take place, must approve the child's movement in writing before the child can legally leave the originating state. This Compact regulates the interstate movement of both foster children and adoptive children

Arkansas Power of Attorney – By Type

In Arkansas, a Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows you to give someone else the authority to make decisions on your behalf. There are different types of Powers of Attorney in Arkansas, depending on your specific needs. The most common types include a General Power of Attorney, which gives broad powers to the person you choose, and a Limited Power of Attorney, which only grants specific powers for a certain period of time. It's important to carefully choose who you grant this power to and clearly state the scope of their authority. Having a Power of Attorney can provide peace of mind knowing that someone you trust can handle important matters for you if you are unable to do so yourself.

Power of Attorney for Minor Child

A Power of Attorney for Minor Child in Arkansas is a legal document that gives someone else the power to take care of your child when you are unable to do so. This can happen when you are sick, out of town, or facing other personal issues. The person you choose, known as the agent, will have the authority to make decisions about your child's education, healthcare, and general welfare. It is important to choose someone you trust and who has the best interest of your child in mind. The Power of Attorney for Minor Child is a way to ensure your child is well taken care of when you are unavailable.

How to Get Power of Attorney in Arkansas

To obtain Power of Attorney in Arkansas, one must follow a few steps. First, it is important to select a trusted person, known as the "agent," who will make decisions on your behalf. Next, create a document called a power of attorney form that clearly outlines your intentions. The form must be signed and notarized in the presence of two witnesses who are not the agent. It is advisable to keep multiple copies of the completed form for future reference. To ensure compliance with Arkansas state laws, it is recommended to consult with an attorney or legal professional during the process. Following these steps will grant you the power to designate someone to act in your best interests when necessary.