Getting a Name Change After Marriage Easily Can You Get Your Name Chaned After Marriage Online

Name change after marriage doesn't need to be a hassle. How to change a name is easy when you have the proper forms. Wondering how to change a name after getting married is common. We'll outline the steps for getting married name change procedures below.

How to Change Name After Getting Married What Is Your Legal Name After Marriage

A marriage license is legal proof of a surname change. A court order for change of last name isn't necessary as evidence. Just changing a surname due to marriage is even easier than wanting a new name for other reasons. A last name change due to divorce will require a court to order a restoration to a maiden name or other name. The marriage license serves as your legal proof of changing a name after marriage, similarly to the court order in a divorce. Typically, all you need to do is submit a copy of the marriage license, along with your request for a name change.

The answer to how do you get a name change will vary by entity. For example, a passport name change requires you to submit a completed form DS-5504, along with the marriage certificate and current passport. Changing your name doesn't always involve submitting official forms. It can often be accomplished with a simple notice, such as those provided in our new bride name change notification package.

US Legal Forms offers a New Bride Name Change Kit for your state that includes the government and personal forms you needs, as well as easy to follow instructions and a handy checklist. State-specific name change for minor packages and forms are also available.

Name change when getting married with a minor child will require a court order for the child to adopt the new parent's surname. The name change petition will be filed by the parents in the court where the child resides, and must comply with state law, which varies by state. If you have a blended family, we also offer a name change for minors package and state-specific forms.

Where to Change Your Name What Is My Legal Name After Marriage

A change of name is usually made with entities you regularly deal with. Examples, among others, include:

  • Employer
  • Bank
  • Credit card issuer
  • Utility company
  • School
  • Doctor
  • Passport agency
  • Social Security Administration
  • Drivers License Bureau
  • Insurance Agency
  • Taxing Authority

US Legal Forms also offers a name change notification package for newlyweds that includes a form that can be submitted to all the entities you deal with. Our professionally drafted name change forms and packages are easily downloaded in Word format and can be completed from the convenience of your own computer.

Gold Award 2006-2018

BEST Legal Forms Company

11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.

U.S. Legal Forms, Inc. BBB Business Review

Your Satisfaction Guarantee

Our Customers Believe! What All Do You Need To Legally Change Name After Marriage

"You have an excellent service and I will be sure to pass the word."