Name Change After Marriage Forms - Marriage Name Change Forms
Getting a Name Change After Marriage Easily Requirements For Name Change After Marriage
Name change after marriage doesn't need to be a hassle. How to change a name is easy when you have the proper forms. Wondering how to change a name after getting married is common. We'll outline the steps for getting married name change procedures below.
How to Change Name After Getting Married Name Change Forms After Marriage
A marriage license is legal proof of a surname change. A court order for change of last name isn't necessary as evidence. Just changing a surname due to marriage is even easier than wanting a new name for other reasons. A last name change due to divorce will require a court to order a restoration to a maiden name or other name. The marriage license serves as your legal proof of changing a name after marriage, similarly to the court order in a divorce. Typically, all you need to do is submit a copy of the marriage license, along with your request for a name change.
The answer to how do you get a name change will vary by entity. For example, a passport name change requires you to submit a completed form DS-5504, along with the marriage certificate and current passport. Changing your name doesn't always involve submitting official forms. It can often be accomplished with a simple notice, such as those provided in our new bride name change notification package.
US Legal Forms offers a New Bride Name Change Kit for your state that includes the government and personal forms you needs, as well as easy to follow instructions and a handy checklist. State-specific name change for minor packages and forms are also available.
Name change when getting married with a minor child will require a court order for the child to adopt the new parent's surname. The name change petition will be filed by the parents in the court where the child resides, and must comply with state law, which varies by state. If you have a blended family, we also offer a name change for minors package and state-specific forms.
Where to Change Your Name Namechangekit Discounts
A change of name is usually made with entities you regularly deal with. Examples, among others, include:
- Credit card issuer
- Utility company
- Passport agency
- Social Security Administration
- Drivers License Bureau
- Insurance Agency
- Taxing Authority
US Legal Forms also offers a name change notification package for newlyweds that includes a form that can be submitted to all the entities you deal with. Our professionally drafted name change forms and packages are easily downloaded in Word format and can be completed from the convenience of your own computer.
Tips for Preparing Name Change After Marriage Forms
- Consider all the pros and cons of changing your name. Before starting the whole process of a last name change and completing Name Change After Marriage Forms, you need to bear in mind that it's essential to maintain name uniformity throughout your vital papers, such as your passport or social security card. Usually, it's an incredibly time- and resource-consuming process. In some scenarios, it's preferable to keep your old name if you want to have the same surname with your kids after divorce or in the interest of your career.
- Make sure to gather the proper set of papers. Depending on your scenario - be it marriage and divorce, or any other personal circumstances, you need to get all the necessary documents ready. For example, if you want to make changes to your name after getting married, you need a few copies of the licensed marriage certificate and submission-ready forms. You can find Name Change After Marriage Forms at US Legal Forms, the most extensive online collection of legal paperwork.
- Check the polices related to changing names where you reside. The guidelines for name transition differ from one state to another. For example, in certain states, a name change after divorce requires you to endure the troubles of doing a lot of documents and other activities, whereas these steps are viewed unnecessary in other states. All you need to do is update the details in an array of documents. If you need to fill out the Name Change After Marriage Forms, consider US Legal Forms. It has over 85,000 forms drafted by legal experts and provides various supporting materials to help you get and fill out the papers correctly.
- Never use a transition of name form to avoid problems with the legal authorities. You have the right to get or not to get your old name back for whatever reasons. Nevertheless, if think about completing and submitting Name Change After Marriage Forms as a way to hide from creditors or paying for your child's support, it may result in huge penalties or other implications.