Bill of Sale - Florida Vehicle Title
U.S. Legal Forms offers bill of sale forms for any situation. Sell a boat, auto, trailer, horse, firearm, watercraft, mobile home, animal or any other personal property using our inexpensive forms. Don't get a free or cheap substitute template, ensure your transfer is legal!.
Boat Bill of Sale New York Bill Of Sale Form
Auto Bill of Sale South Carolina Bill Of Sale Form
Bill of Sale FAQ: Gun Sale Form
1) What is a Bill of Sale? A bill of sale is a document that transfers title of an asset from a seller to a buyer.
2) What are the types of bill of sale forms available? There are a variety of bill of sale forms available for use. Some of the more popular forms are:
- Bill of Sale for an Automobile
- Bill of Sale for Watercraft
- Bill of Sale for Mobile Home
- Bill of Sale for an Animal
- Bill of Sale of other Personal Property
3) What is included in a bill of sale form? Most bill of sale forms require the following information:
- Amount of consideration paid for the transfer of title and date of purchase.
- Name and address of Seller
- Name and address of Buyer
- Specific information about the asset being transfered from the seller to the buyer.
- Guarantee from the seller that the item is free from all claims and offsets.
- Any representations or warranties
- Signature of the seller(s)
- Signature of a notary public.
4) What if I cannot find the bill of sale form I need on the U. S. Legal Forms™, Inc. website? If you cannot find the bill of sale form you need, don't panic. U. S. Legal Forms™, Inc. offers the best customer service in the business. Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you in any way possible.
What is a Bill of Sale, and When Should You Use It? Florida Bill Of Sale Form
A Bill of Sale is a legal document that confirms the fact of selling or simply transferring ownership rights for a valuable item from one party to another. It protects both buyer’s and seller’s rights, describes the transferred asset, and serves as evidence that both parties made the transaction voluntarily and that the seller received total compensation for their asset. It is also often called a proof of sale, proof of purchase, or proof of payment.
This document can be applied only for transactions when a buyer pays the total agreed price at the moment of sale and title transfer. If the purchaser wants to pay in installments and have a payment plan, they should use a sales agreement instead.
There are a variety of forms for a Bill of Sale that differ based on the item sold. The most popular assets transferred under this document are cars, trucks, motorcycles, aircraft, mobile homes, watercraft, and even bicycles. Apart from a Vehicle Bill of Sale, there are also blanks for selling equipment, electronics, personal property, and animals.
However, you can’t use a Bill of Sale template for all valuable assets. If you’re selling real estate or land, you should use a Real Estate Purchase Agreement or a Warranty Deed sample instead. Transferring ownership of a business also requires another legal document (check Purchase of Business Agreement examples). Also, this paperwork doesn’t work for providing services but only for physical goods.
How to Get a Verified Bill of Sale Form Texas Bill Of Sale Form
Use the US Legal Forms online service to get legal templates that comply with your state regulations. You can find printable Bill of Sale blanks drafted by professional lawyers for any transferred asset. Type in the form name you need into the search field at the top of the page, choose your state and find the required template. Be sure that you subscribe to the most suitable plan in order to download your legal forms in Word format and access them anytime needed. If you can’t find a particular sample Bill of Sale on the list, don’t hesitate to contact our customer service representatives for further assistance.
How to Write a Bill of Sale Bill Of Sale Pdf
A Bill of Sale form, to be legally binding and valid, must contain the following information:
- Description of the property (model, body type, year of production, identification number, and other details).
- Full names and contact information of all parties to the agreement.
- Payment details (price, form of payment, and taxes to be withheld).
- Odometer disclosure reading with a statement verifying that it wasn’t altered or set back before the deal.
Please note that many states demand this document be notarized, so check your local laws carefully before preparing the deal.
Tips for Preparing Bill of Sale
- Find your state's regulations regarding your transaction. States have their own rules in regulating bill of sale contracts. Contact an attorney if you have any questions or worries, particularly when property is the subject of the transaction.
- Utilize a template instead of a handwritten form. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. US Legal Forms provides hundreds of verified bill of sale templates which you can easily find and download to your device. This will ensure you don't skip anything important when filling out your Bill of Sale.
- Provide complete information on your property. Utilize your property's documentation (technical passports and certificates, etc.) to make certain you include all the essential information.
- Verify the price of the transferred possessions. This is important since it affects the amount of taxes you'll pay after the transaction.
- Re-read the sample and properly check it. Make sure you haven't missed any significant details when filling out your Bill of Sale. If everything is fine, make a copy for your buyer.
- Sign the document. Both participants must approve the contract with their legitimate signatures to make it legally binding. Notarize your bill of sale form, if required.