Letter Denying Consumer Credit and Notice of Rights under Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Forms Professionals Trust! ™
If a user of consumer reports takes any adverse action (such as denial of credit, insurance, or employment) with respect to any consumer that is based in whole or in part on any information contained in a consumer report, the Fair Credit Reporting Act requires that the user:
notify the consumer of the adverse action,
identify the consumer reporting agency making the report, and
notify the consumer of the consumer's right to obtain a free copy of a consumer report on the consumer from the consumer reporting agency and to dispute with the reporting agency the accuracy or completeness of any information in the consumer report furnished by the agency.
Under the federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act, a creditor must notify a consumer applicant for credit of the reasons for any adverse action taken on the application, and must make certain disclosures to the consumer concerning the applicant's rights and the provisions of federal law prohibiting discrimination in credit opportunities.
- View Notice of Denial of Credit, Insurance, or Employment Based on Information Received From Consumer Reporting Agency
- View Notice of Denial of Credit for Personal, Family, or Household Purposes Based on Information Received From Person Other Than Consumer Reporting Agency
- View Request for Disclosure of Reasons for Denial of Credit Application Where Action Was Based on Information Not Obtained by Reporting Agency
- View Request for Disclosure of Reasons for Increasing Charge for Credit Regarding Credit Application Where Action Was Based on Information Not Obtained by Reporting Agency
- View Notice of Increase in Charge for Credit or Insurance Based on Information Received From Consumer Reporting Agency
All forms provided by U.S. Legal Forms, Inc.™, (USLF), the nations leading legal forms publisher. When you need a legal form, don't accept anything less than the USlegal™ brand. "The Forms Professionals Trust ™
Gold Award 2006-2018
BEST Legal Forms Company
11 Year Winner in all Categories:
Forms, Features, Customer Service
and Ease of Use.